Get more out of Teams with Power Apps
For an introduction, Power Apps is part of Microsoft’s Power Platform for low-code / no-code development which includes:
- Power Apps: Application development
- Power BI: Business analytics
- Power Automate: Workflow automation
- Power Virtual Agents: Intelligent virtual chatbots
Recently, Microsoft introduced the PowerApps app for Teams. Users now will no longer need to switch between multiple services and apps just to bring a solution to Teams. With both Power Apps Studio and Power Virtual Agents Portal embedded in Teams, users can now easily build apps with drag and drop simplicity in Teams without switching applications
To help users get started, Power App comes with 3 applications that you can deploy to your Teams right way:
- Employee ideas: Easily review, manage, and vote on team’s ideas to increase team engagement and morale. Helps team managers to improve workplace with employee ideas.
- Inspection: Create customized checklist style inspections for areas and assets. Perform them digitally with the ability to take notes and pictures. Issues identified can have tasks created right from the app. Review long term trends on inspection results.
- Issue Reporting: Empower the front line worker to report issues they see on the ground. Easily collect issues submitted in Planner for effective case management within Teams. Define issue templates with SLA for task closure, auto assign tickets to right person, and track open issues based on a customizable template.
There are no limits on the number of applications that can be deployed in Teams. Project Apps uses a simplified sharing model for Teams owners and members, all with immediate access to the data. Power Apps relies on the built-in security and governance, so security roles are automatically granted through Teams membership, but customizable by Teams owners.